Standard First Aid
Pre-course Requirements: None
Course Length (Minimum Teaching Hours)
- Ability to comprehend and successfully demonstrate all required skills, including critical care steps.
- Ability to complete a written, closed book, independently completed knowledge evaluation with a minimum mark of 75%.
- Participants must attend and participate in 100% of the course.
- Participants must adhere to the Fundamental Principles.
Note: Instructors/Evaluators may conduct a one-to-one verbal or written knowledge evaluation if the student has a demonstrated learning disability completing written evaluations.
- Red Cross
- Responding to emergencies
- Check, call, care
- Circulation emergencies
- CPR and AED
- Breathing emergencies
- Wound care
- Head, neck, and spinal injuries
- Bone, muscle, and joint injuries
- Sudden medical emergencies
- Environmental illness
For re-certification, standards remain the same with some variations and the following requirements:
- Proof of current certification
- Must have access to the most current CRC participant materials